Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Being infinitely patient means having an absolute knowing
 that you're in vibrational harmony with the all-creating force
 that intended you here. You know that everything will happen
 at just the right time, at just the right place, with just the right people.
 Dr. Wayne Dyer

Wait for the Lord; be strong
and let your heart take
courage; yes, wait for the
Lord.
Psalm 27:14


I've officially let Zeta get rid of her no-no's

Only I think she may have thought it was a trick.....She wasn't very sure whether or not she should put her fingers in her mouth.

It didn't take her long to change her mind though.





I spend a lot of time pondering the meaning of a print in my kitchen.......

At some point I thought that I had at least some understanding of how to make things simple....

If life were really simple, I would not rack my brain every day trying to figure out what the latest research says about microcephaly, blindness, developmental delays, chronic illness, seizures, rare multiple congenital anomalies and a host of other baffling medical issues.

If life were simple, I would not be counting the days and weeks between hospital admissions.  I would not worry because we don't have an official name for whatever is happening with our baby.

I would not have that little voice in my head - the one that I hear every time I hear about a new pregnancy.  The one that tells me I must pray relentlessly that this child and family will not encounter the circumstance of anything less than perfect health.

I would not avoid answering the phone when it rings.  I would be able to have a normal conversation with a friend.

If life were simple, I would not fall apart when my husband walks through the door if I've been home alone all day.

If life were simple, I would not spend nights watching each child sleep and  then crying over what could have been or how I've messed up in some way.  I would not worry that each of them is getting the nurturing love and attention they each so richly deserve. I would not worry that each ache or pain could possibly be life threatening, and I wouldn't worry that they have been just as deeply affected by our experiences as I.

No life is not simple.

Not just for me - but for any of us.  We all have days like this.  Granted, some more than others. BUT when you have a problem or a difficult circumstance it IS THE MOST IMPORTANT and the worst possible thing that could be....because it affects YOU, YOUR child, or YOUR family........and then life isn't so simple anymore....

God never promised easy, BUT He does promise never to forsake us.

"Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything by prayer
and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God,
which surpasses all comprehension,
shall guard your hearts
and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

The foundation many have worked to build under me has given me the assurance that I can place my faith in the Lord.  I pray because I have to....I also pray because I want to..... I pray because it gives me solace.  I pray because it strengthens my faith.  Funny thing is....Faith has also strengthened my prayer life. 

Above all, PRAYER SIMPLIFIES THINGS.......

How much more simple can you get than to give it to the One to which it belongs....just as our lives are not our own or problems are not all our own either.




If I CHOOSE to spend every waking moment wrapped in fear.....If I CHOOSE to question every single thing that has happened in my life.....If I CHOOSE to be timid - I LOSE.  Life loses it simplicity and I simply become wrapped up in all of the what ifs.....

For God has not given us a
spirit of timidity, but of power
and love and discipline
2 Timothy 1:7


I tell myself each day I HAVE to CHOOSE to simplify..........
THIS is why -

Isaiah 40:29
He (God) gives strength to
the weary, and to him who
lacks might He increases
power.

1 comment:

  1. U simply amaze me, Angel. No pun intended. Prayers are with you all. ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete