Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Fear

I keep pushing it back.

It keeps resurfacing.

Basically, the whole world is living like I lived for 3 years with Zeta.

Fear.

Fear of germs. Fear of the unknown. Fear that you’re not getting the whole story. Fear that you’re not doing enough. Fear that you’re neglecting your ‘normal’ duties. Fear of how it might end.

At some point you cave to the fear or you fully surrender to God.

I’m not talking a rhetorical surrender...I’m talking knowing there is no other alternative...no other hope...the final realization that the Ultimate Hope does not dwell in anything of this earth.

At every point you wonder...is this real life...when will the questions and panic and chaos end?...is this the new normal?

Fear of leaving the side of someone you love only for them not to be there when you return. Fear of a loved one being in the hospital all alone....sick, scared...no voice....no familiar face....

Fear that one day life will no longer be familiar...no longer be the same.

Fear that a doctor, a test, a cure won’t be available.

Fear.

Fear is a liar.

Fear is a natural human reaction.

Fear creates unimaginable feelings within us.

As humans we have fear....we have questions...we don’t always understand...we downplay it...we over exaggerate it....thoughts, feelings, thoughts, fears, feelings....they’re sometimes all over the place.

I’m not pushing doom and gloom.

I want to say....I understand.

The feelings won’t last forever.

These times won’t last forever.

God’s plan and promise for us is so much more.

Times like this we fear being overly dramatic....yet we have these pressing questions and concerns we try to keep hidden.

The best place to take those questions and concerns are to God.

We fear being holy roly...we fear being
hypocrites...there’s a lot of fear....

...or maybe it’s just me....

...but there’s so much more that’s promised...a plan we don’t yet understand or see...but something better for you...for me....




No comments:

Post a Comment