Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Here we go again :(

We're getting close to breaking our last record of staying home longer than 5 weeks, but I don't know if we're going to make it......

Zeta has done so well for (relatively) so long now that I think I kind of forgot how quickly things can change.  The past couple of days she has needed to be on the vent more and last night her temperature started going up.  Well, this morning she woke up with a fever of 102.  She is finally resting now.

Maybe it's because she didn't want to go to the cardiologist or to therapy today.  Maybe it's neurological. I just hope she doesn't have an infection!

Hopefully, she just wanted to stay home and play with her nurse instead going to Charleston all day.




The day started off with Zeta's fever, then I got a phone call from the computer people saying that my laptop died, but they can revive it (for a small fee, of course).  Thankfully, they can recover all of my data.  I'm terrible at backing up my files and that laptop has my life on it!!  After the computer call, I got one of many daily calls  regarding the status of everything they're working on for Zeta's surgery in Phoenix.I'm usually thoroughly confused after talking to anyone about what's going on...We know we're going, we have a surgery date...we just aren't sure when she is going to admitted or when or how she'll come home....They haven't decided if they will discharge her directly from the hospital or to a rehab facility or who knows what.  I mean really, they will approve an air ambulance to get her there, but then after surgery we have to WAIT to see if they'll fly her back home?  Some things just don't make sense to me.....

Once I had a minute to catch myself and think about everything today I realize that Zeta's surgery is probably going to be post-poned....which.....I'm not totally against, but I don't know if I would totally agree with it or not.....I mean if she has an infection then I definitely want to give her time to recover, but if it is neurological (which I believe the last two illnesses to be) then that is all the more reason to proceed with surgery.  I sure wish we could have done this about two weeks ago when she was at her best and I pray that her seizures remain under control.

I saw a facebook status the other day that said, "it's not about me, it's not  about me, it's not about me."  I need to repeat to myself - "I'm not the one in control, I'm not the one in control, I'm not the one in control."...and you know what?  It's a wonderful thing that I'M NOT the one in control!

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment