Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Friday, March 8, 2013

kindness

Yesterday, I received a letter in the mail that made me see RED! If you know me, you know that it usually takes a bit to make me mad.........BUT this letter had me shaking- I was so mad! It instantly made me lose faith in 'the system', government, healthcare, insurance and just about everything else at the moment. I was livid. There was a number on the bottom of the letter that I was instructed to call in case I didn't agree with the letter. Well, of course I didn't agree with the letter.........so I called. It took everything I had not to let the sweet lady on the other of the line just have it! I was mad and I wanted someone else to feel the wrath of my pain. I tried to keep calm. I tried to remember that this was not personal.....that this lady did not cause the circumstances, but I was SOOOO MAD!! After talking with the lady, I found out what I needed to do to solve the problem and was a little relieved to hear that it could be corrected..........but I was still ill. I thought, why is it that my husband works and we try to do everything 'the right way' but yet and still we seem to be punished.......or that people who play the system don't have these problems?? Forgive me, I realize I am probably not making much sense, but I'm trying to convey my feelings without actually putting all my business out in the street! Anyway, the general idea is that I was mad and I was feeling like we were being (for lack of an appropriate term) screwed! I felt like the universe was mad with me and that we would probably be much better off just giving up and giving in and becoming a statistic and living off the system................

Thankfully, I got over it.

Fast forward to today........

Some blessings are truly unexpected..........again, without putting all of our business in the street I have to tell you that our family was blessed very UNEXPECTEDLY with a bill that was paid. I mean this person did not know us very well, she did not expect anything in return......she could not have even guessed about the letter I got yesterday, but she did something out of the kindness of her heart and did it just to show that she cared!!

A lot of people talk about how they don't see kindess like this in the world anymore, but let me tell you friends, I truly believe that what you give with a happy heart is returned to you 1,000 fold. There is no reason for me to fear what the future holds. There is no reason I should ever feel 'screwed' by the universe. My GOD has blessed me time and time again.......but human as I am I am sometimes quick to forget. I can't tell you how this sweet girl's gesture today impacted the week that I've had.....Honestly, you just never know how your actions impact a person.........It can be as simple as a kind word or as great as you can imagine........but if you're giving your best you can bet that it WILL make a difference and that Someone will notice!

Be kind to someone.............you never know what a difference it will make!



PS - I hope you're reading this- Yes, it's for you.......I just told everyone without telling anyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment