Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miracles do happen....EVERYDAY!

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.  J.R.R Tolkien


I'm going to tell you something.....

                                 But......you have to promise NOT to tell ZETA!




We have been home longer than EVER........closing in on SIX WEEKS to be exact!!!

I don't think we've even TALKED with a doctor since August 26th!!

And we don't have an appointment scheduled until NEXT WEEK!

!!!!We're talking like GOLD MEDAL status here!!!!

If we stay out of the hospital until the end of the month (when her next surgery is scheduled) then we'll be talking WORLD RECORD !!!


Do you believe in miracles??



    I DO....



Because I have three of them.........



God has most definitely shown his MIRACULOUS favor in Zeta's life!

Zeta continues to do well. She continues to improve since surgery to move a hypothalamic hamartoma from her brain in July. Last week, she went about 12 HOURS (in a day) without oxygen or the ventilator.....This is the LONGEST she has been without ANY type of breathing assistance since October 2010.....she kind of crashed after that so we figured we should slow down a bit.....so....for now she is just on MINIMAL oxygen during the day and on the ventilator at night.... I kind of think maybe she could go without the vent at night too, but I'm a little weary about trying that out.....so for now we just try hourly 'sprints' without oxygen during the day and keep her on the vent at night.....She is soooo interested in eating - she KNOWS when it's time to eat....I've been giving her tons of 'taste' tests during her tube feedings, but more recently she coughed some food out of her trach and it kind of scared me so I'm going to hold off until we see her pulmonologist Monday. I have to say it has been so WONDERFUL to watch all of the changes and progress made in the past couple of months since her surgery........if you ever doubted God's EXISTENCE or HIS ability to HEAL, I hope that ZETA'S story gives you some encouragement.......I KNOW it has changed the way I think about so many things.......

"
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."  Ephesians 3:23

 
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. J.R.R Tolkien


My 3 children have forever changed the course of my future!!

4 comments:

  1. Malinda Breland BrownSeptember 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM

    GOD is REAL! Any unbeliever would just have to read your stories to know that there is a God who loves us so much by showing His love through the miracles that only He could perform through Zeta. By the way, keep writing. I love to read the stories about your family's adventures in day to day life.
    Malinda Breland Brown
    PS ... Write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Angel, Miracles do happen EVERYDAY. I'm so happy for Zeta and your beautiful family! I'm praying that God is with you always and guiding you through His healing power (Ephesians 3:23)in your blog "to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us." I hear Madlynn Hope "Maddie" playing in her crib, so have to go now. Love, Sissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me smile every time I see your family. God is always there every minute of every day just loving us and taking care of us. I pray for Zeta's continued progress and her upcoming surgery. Take care and God Bless. Love, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angel, your story is touching. You've got 3 adorable kids, that is nothing less than a miracle. Am sure Zeta will be perfectly normal with the help of God and all his sheep raising you in prayers. God is using you as his instrument to make us realize how he works in us on a daily basis. Keep your faith strong and be a living example of God's power. God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete