Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I don't make this stuff up

It seems as though Zeta might not be too excited about getting rid of her ventilator.

I really don't make this stuff up........

Last night, I had her all prepared and ready for bed - WITHOUT her vent. I was so excited, because I was sure that she would have an awesome night.......and a little nervous that she might not have as much energy today.

Well, thing is.....I took a shower and got myself prepared for bed.....and something told me to check on Zeta.

FEVER--------------102.8 to be exact....in that small amount of time. She was having some small seizures and her heart rate was high. (Have I told you that I still get EXTREMELY paranoid anytime she has a fever???)

I gave her some meds to get everything under control and thankfully they all worked beautifully!

You probably figured this out by now, but she slept WITH her vent last night (and has had it most of the day too, boo-hoo).

Thankfully, she is stable and she hasn't had anymore fever. We made a quick run to her pediatrician, got some antibiotics , and she has mostly slept today. (Which is what I think I should be doing since I have a feeling we're going to be in for a loonngg night......but instead I feel the pressing need to write and worry about my boys staying away from home, again.

So, I think I should have been very prepared to expect the unexpected. (The only thing predictable about Zeta is unpredictability)

I've bounced back and forth between sad acceptance and repeating the word 'unflippinbelievable' over and over in my head.

Oh, well....
God makes the plans
and Zeta plays by her own rules
Some days, I feel like I'm just along for the ride.


I received a book in the mail today.

Name of the book? For I know the PLANS I have for You: Promises of Life

First quote I read as I randomly flipped the book open to page 121..... "God wants us to approach life, full of expectancy that God is going to be at work in every situation as we grow in our faith in Him." ~Colin Urquhart

My dear, sweet cousin bought this book a few weeks ago, but just mailed it.........

Can I just say two things?
Yes, God, I'm listening.
No, I don't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment