Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful

Awesomeness. My God lives in awesomeness (if that's a word)!

I was raised not to discuss finances or talk about money in an open forum. That's why I try not to talk a whole lot about monetary needs or specifics relating to fundraisers/donations that have been done for Zeta. Forgive me for doing so now, but I must divulge a little in order to illustrate how just how significant God's awesomeness has been today.

The bank statement for Zeta's medical account came in the mail today. I wasn't very excited about opening it because I knew that we spent a TON this month (we purchased a portable oxygen concentrator and finished paying off some bills from her surgery in Arizona). I loathe the thought of not being able to pay her expenses or provide her with everything that she needs. We've been VERY fortunate in this as well as many other areas.....But, imagine my surprise when I saw a CREDIT noted as "miscellaneous" on her account. This was a pretty significant credit so I immediately called the bank. They told me that it was a cash donation to the Zeta Brabham Medical Fund, and that was all they could tell from their system. They told me to call our local bank for more information. When I called the local bank they told me the same thing - cash donation. I still wasn't completely comprehending it all.

At one point the lady told me it was a transfer - "Can you tell me which bank it came from or the name on the account?" I asked.

Then she said, "No, looks like it was just a cash donation."

"Can you identify which teller did the transaction?" I asked anxiously.

She complied and returned to say that all she could tell me is that the donor wished to remain anonymous and there would be another credit on our next statement."

Tears fell, and I was speechless for what seemed like an eternity. I finally managed to tell Barbara (that was her name) "Please, please, if you know them or see them, or hear from them again - PLEASE let the person know how VERY GRATEFUL we are!!!!" "We definitely will, sweety. We surely will."

Oh, and I failed to tell you that the amount deposited covered ALL of Zeta's expenses this month and then some.

Do you see God's awesomeness in this now?

It got me to thinking: Who is this person/people? Why would they do such a thing? Who are we to receive such grace and trust? Why would someone do something like this and not want anything in return....not even the recognition or thanks that he/she/they deserve? .....It also made me think of how much even more God sacrificed for us......

Then I thought back to an email exchange I had with someone a while back.....

I've copied and pasted what he wrote:
So, here’s the thing. And you already know how it works. Matthew wrote it as well as it has ever been written.
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you,
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have
done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40) I believe that to be true with
all my heart. Harry Emerson Fosdick put it a little differently: "Until
willingness overflows obligation, men fight as conscripts rather than following
the flag as patriots. Duty is never worthily performed until it is performed by
one who would gladly do more if only he could."


Up to this point, I have only done my duty. Now, I’m asking what more I can do. Considering
Matthew’s words above, please be careful about depriving others of the
blessings that are theirs to be had from providing true service. Remember
too that more often than not the Lord answers prayers through other
people. He hears yours. Be careful to not brush away His answer
when it arrives.








PS....Although the Glory is God's I sure hope whomever did this follows my blog:)

No comments:

Post a Comment