Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Monday, February 6, 2012

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible!

Ok, so I've said that one day when Zeta fully stabilizes, I am going back to school for some type of medical degree. 

I'm hoping they will give me some type of life experience credit - ha!

I'm learning that I would much prefer being PAID to work OUTSIDE of the home on patients OTHER than my own children! 

I HATE seeing them sick!!!
Steven got sick the end of last week and has struggled on and off with an allergic reaction to the antibiotic since Friday night. 

Can you say Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder????
That is what I have diagnosed myself with.........

When Steven started with the fever I was a little worried, when it kept climbing- I became slightly neurotic.  I mean I actually sat and stared at him for a while to make sure I didn't see any signs of seizures.  I mean come on, only 3-5% of children age 9 months to five years typically have febrile seizures.  Steven is pretty much out of that range....but I've also learned that for us - life can be anything but typical!

Thankfully, Steven and Chancelor or rarely very sick....which leaves me ill-prepared for them being anything less than happy, healthy, and full of energy!

When Steven started breaking out in these awful, itchy hives I felt a slight panic settle in....but quickly regained my composure....well kinda.......a few hours later when the benadryl started to wear off and the  hives began working their way up his body (and started looking like hot grease burns) and he started getting sniffy and sneezy and doing that nose rub thing I did begin to panic......just  a little......

Thankfully, we have Barnwell Pediatrics and their nice on-call service!

We were able to go in and get a shot and start some steroids to help with everything. 

Thank you "Mrs. Sara"!

Now, Steven is alternating from feeling really well (and not understanding why I won't let him go outside and get hot) to sitting in the floor, scratching like a dog, and having his nose bleed!

What I've realized through all of this is how much I do depend on Lavonya (Zeta's nurse) and Steve. Lavonya only works with us 8 hours a day Monday through Friday, so I had plenty of time alone with my 2 patients....and  you  see, Stevie was out of town on business when all of this began.  Chancelor was with him (they had some fun time together, too). 

Let's just say it was a little difficult tending to 2 patients on my own when neither Lavonya nor Steve were here.  I was so paranoid about giving Zeta any germs, but I didn't want to leave Steven unattended in another room where I couldn't monitor his breathing, etc.....I was driving myself insane that's all......

Stevie has made choices that would prove difficult for some men, but I am so very  blessed with those decisions.  I am proud of the husband and father that he truly is......I realize that without his support I would often crumble.

Lavonya is my other right hand man.........she has been a God-send for our family and I don't know what we would be doing right now without her! 

I know, too, how very much I depend on my parents.  It' s like they feel it's their duty to make sure I'm alive, well, happy, and functioning........ I suppose that's what parents are supposed to do, but I think mine do it better than most :)

 I never thought it would be possible to need so many people! 

It can be difficult to realize how much you depend on other people.....but I've come to the realization that that is they way God intends it.....we all depend on each other......there is no such thing as a perfect person and no such thing as one who stands alone........

sometimes it's just hard being the needy one

To conclude this rambling blog, I'm happy to report that Zeta is doing well.  This week has been great!  We've got our spunky little girl back...and we're looking forward to more progress!!

......and hopefully, I will figure out how to get that medical degree.........


1 comment:

  1. It amazes me how awesome of a God we have, he loves us so much and seems to hold us up when we don't think we can do it anymore, we just find that strength and keep going. Little Zeta and your boys are so very blessed to have you and I feel very blessed to be able to be apart of it. It's so true about depending on others, that is how God intended it to be. Thank you Angel, sending prayers up for Zeta and your family Love, Tara

    ReplyDelete