Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Friday, February 10, 2012

One day we'll all be perfect.....


Try as I might – I’m failing, miserably.

At what?

Maybe everything………..

Ever have trouble shaking this feeling?  Me too……and it’s been driving me insane lately.

Areas that hurt the most in which to fail?

Steven……….Chancelor……...…Zeta………..Life……………

No, this isn’t as dire as it sounds….my emotions have just been very raw the past few days, and I’ve fought that dark place in my soul almost constantly,or at least it seems.

Ever wish you could do better? Feel better? BE better?

I think we all feel like that sometimes. It’s just,  I absolutely hate this feeling.  It’s like you’re battling this demonic abstract thing that just wants to take control of your feelings.  Like anything can tip you over the edge…at any given moment…..when you least expect it…..

It tends to be a little embarrassing to cry at a moment when you yourself don’t even fully understand why.

Do you understand the feeling that I’m talking about?

It’s kind of like this – people would understand if I broke down – you know that ‘look at all you’ve got on your plate’ mentality. 

I admit, sometimes, it’s very easy to feel sorry for myself.

BUT – this is not who I am……….this is not who I want to be………I don’t think any of us do.

I say it over and over – WE ALL HAVE PROBLEMS –the circumstances in my issues may seem larger or smaller in comparison to yours, but they are MINE, so to me – at any given time they may seem like the greatest challenges anyone has ever encountered.  When I look at it with that mentality I get overwhelmed………

Some people have become apt to share their stories with me…..and when I listen to those stories I can relate – to fear, to anger,  to grief, to distrust …………..to facing the unknown…………………to hope………..to trust………….to acceptance………to FAITH…..(even if of a mustard seed).

I woke up this morning and read my own words quoted on a friend’s facebook page ..."there is no such thing as the perfect person and no such thing as one who stands alone...it's just hard being the needy one."   Sometimes, I wish I were wise enough to take my own advice.  There are times we all have the desire to stand alone, and to be perfect. In reality we are all flawed. There  is only One who can stand alone, only One who is perfect.



 Not sure if you can read this picture of today's devotional in Our Daily Bread, but it's titled FLAWED.  The last paragraph reads:
Just like the people who lived thousands of years ago, each of us comes with flaws. But by God's grace we can overcome those imperfections by embracing His "strength [which] is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9)
It's good to learn of our weakness if it drives us to lean on God's strength. 
 
So, you see, I must learn to accept that I’m not going to do everything I want to do….I am never going to be perfect (although I would settle for just adequate right about now)………all I can do is try my best and hope that my family all remains unscathed at  the end of the day.  A little faith goes a long way!

…..and the unseen scars that we’ve earned are nowhere near those of the nail-scarred hand…..

Marked Hands
by Janet Martin © 2009

When I was just a little girl at my mother's knee,
I asked her as I touched her hands just how it came to be,
There were so many lines on them; they were so marked and rough,
Not knowing the price a mother pays to make sure we had enough

Marked hands of a mother; marked by a labor of love,
Daily chores in daily life, strengthened by a Hand above,
Marked hands of a mother; a price so gladly paid,
The most beautiful hands on earth that God has ever made

My little daughter asked me not so very long ago
Why my hands were marked and rough and just what made them so,
A world of emotion moved me behind my simple reply,
'A mother's hands get marked with time as busy days go by',

Marked hands of a mother; someday she'll understand
That all the caring and the sharing leave marks on a mother's hands,
Hands that labor gladly for all that God has given,
Hands that fold in thankful prayer to a Father up in Heaven

Someday I'll sit in Heaven at my Savior's knee,
I'll touch His nail-scarred hands and ask just why He died for me,
Marks on the hands of Jesus; marks of a price He paid,
Marks of love amazing in the sacrifice He made,

Marked hands of my Savior; marked by a labor of love,
For only through His nail-scarred Hands will we see Him above,
Then at His feet I'll gaze on Him and ask to understand
The story of such awesome love as I touch the marks on His hands   

No comments:

Post a Comment