Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Monday, August 27, 2012

another week

Just another week here at the Brabham house....

At the beginning of the week we were discussing the possibility of re-starting some of Zeta's therapies because she seemed to be getting better.....but....by the end of the week her seizures had increased, she had become quite agitated and she ended up needing morphine again.  Thankfully, yesterday was a better day so I'm praying it continues.

These are the times that I begin to question and wonder about the why of it all.

I don't know why.

 and I suppose it doesn't really matter......

Sometimes I ask for answers.  Sometimes I just pray for peace.

I suppose what matters is that I understand more and more everyday what a true gift this life is.....

What matters is that I know that I could never do this alone.  That I'm surrounded by God's grace and a whole heck of a lot of people that love us and care about us!

Now, let's talk about sweetness.........

Chancelor decided that he needed to help Zeta feel better so he took out the Boo Boo Care Kit....

 
and he covered her with Boo Boo Bandages
 
and told her she would be all better!
 
I wish it were that easy....
and wouldn't it be great if we all always seeked to help others and see the positive? Don't you think it would minimize the pain, suffering, and conflict we all struggle to conquer?
 
 
Today . . .
Today I smiled, and all at once
things didn’t look so bad.
Today I shared with someone else,
a bit of hope I had.
Today I sang a little song,
and felt my heart grow light,
And walked a happy little mile,
with not a cloud in sight.
Today I worked with what I had
and longed for nothing more.
And what seemed like only weeds,
were flowers at my door.
Today I loved a little more
and complained a little less.
And in the giving of myself,
I forgot my weariness.
Unknown
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. We too will pray that the days are better.

    ReplyDelete