Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Friday, September 21, 2012

Today...it's ok

What if we never experienced pain?

What if life worked out exactly as we planned for ourselves?

Would that always be a good thing?

I know looking back that I never would have chosen the way my life has been played out.  No one wakes up and says....hmm....  I would like to be just middle class (feeling like sometimes you border more on 'white trash')...... not  I'd like to have a sickly child......  nor I'd like to spend a lot of time at hospitals......Nobody says I'd like for some of the people I hold close in my heart to  be the ones I meet at some of the most frightening times in life.....   or I'd like to watch my child have ReLeNtLeSS SeIzUrEs.  nor do they say -I'd like to worry about whether or not my other children feel neglected.......These are NOT things I planned in life.

With that said, I don't know whether or not I would change a whole lot....at least not the lessons I've learned, not the people I've met, not the love I've felt..... - perhaps the pain, though......DEFINITELY the pain.....BUT without the pain - would I truly appreciate the little things (heck - even the big things)...would I feel as much compassion for others?  Would I appreciate that wealth doesn't come in dollar bills?  Would I truly understand the meaning of true - really, very true unconditional love?   

If things were always easy would we have reason to hope for anything more?

My ramblings may not make much sense this morning.....I'm just.... still searching.....looking for the meaning of it.....trying to understand this path upon which we've been propelled.  I know it may not be for me to fully understand now....and for now it's ok with me.  Tomorrow may be different.....or it may not.....it really doesn't matter.  What matters is that my hope still resides in Him and that right now I am eternally grateful for this life - for my husband, my boys, my family, my friends, for Team Zeta!

No comments:

Post a Comment