Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Monday, November 19, 2012

prayer

Take time to think...
It is the source of power.
Take time to play...
It is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to laugh...
It is the music of the soul.
Take time to pray...
It is the greatest power on Earth.

We have a running joke with our medical team that we shouldn't talk about it too much when Zeta is doing really well because that's just when she will show us a thing or two.

Thing is.....it's not so funny when it really happens.  Last week I shared that Zeta was doing better than she had in a very long time.  Now we're back to continuous seizure and pain control. 

Steven is home with sore throat/cold so I hope it's not something we're going to be passing back and forth.

I suppose this is just another bump in the road for us, but we do appreciate all of the prayers you can muster.

I ask for prayer....a lot.  I believe in prayer. 

I was able to go to church yesterday.  Know what the preacher discussed?  Prayer. 

This life.....our crazy, wonderful, complicated life makes me examine my prayer life and relationship with God pretty often.  You see, when things aren't going well....or aren't going the way I plan then my prayers increase.  I find that I am almost constantly praying.  Sometimes I'm having real, honest conversations.  Sometimes I'm listening.....and a many times I'm pleading........I also know that when things are going well that I tend to slack off in the prayer department.  I don't mean to, but it happens.  That's what I was reminded about in church yesterday.  We need prayers of true thanksgiving..... start our day with prayer.....we should talk to God....and listen.....prayer shouldn't be an afterthought, or worse a last resort.....it should be the beginning......

"O Lord, that lends me life, Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness! "
William Shakespeare (King Henry VI, Part II. Act I, scene i)




1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I read one of your posts while searching for the quote "Faith sees the invisible..."
    I am not sure if your child is still experiencing symptoms. Maybe you have heard of this therapy, it might help. Check it out. I am a patient of this doctor and he has worked miracles on me several times. http://www.naetnyc.com/
    I am not getting paid to do this, just thought I would "pay it forward".
    Much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete