Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Where's the passion?

Ever wonder how it seems some people have life all figured out?

I mean some people, despite any situation they are in, seem to have it all under control.

Some people have a passion in them that exceeds my human understanding.

I have two theories on this:
1) Some people think they know everything and just don't care what anyone else thinks (I think this is one of the highest forms of insecurity, by the way)

2) Some people believe that no one else has really figured out the secret to life and they just jump right in and play along. They're confident enough to believe that it doesn't really matter what "people" think because nothing on earth can be worse than hell.

I would like to pretend that I am in the second group of people here. Sometimes I can pretend really well......to the point that I even make myself believe that I'm confident and capable of anything.

Fact is, I do nothing on my own. I am saved by Jesus Christ and any confidence I can muster comes from Him. Fact is, NOTHING here on earth IS as bad as HELL------------ So, why is it that we can't always be open, honest and sincere?

Why is it that when compared to others we find ourselves feeling insecure?
Why does it seem that someone else always has the better car, the better house, the better kids? Why does it seem like someone else always has more friends, tells better jokes, speaks more eloquently.....or is just plain BETTER?

This is a struggle when we let material things take control of our hearts and minds. It's a struggle when we take our focus off of God.

When we start comparing ourselves to others we lose sight in the fact that we were ALL created in His image. We were created to serve Him and love one another. We were created to spread the love and joy and the message of hope and redemption. We were created to be confident and capable.....while at the same time remaining humble.

Only......... sin prevents us from our purpose. Simply being human keeps us from our purpose.

Want to know the secret to life? Look in the Bible. Listen to God. Stop and actually remember and count EVERY single blessing in your life. Did you wake up this morning? Blessing number 1. Don't believe that's a blessing? Well, it's one more day you have to see your spouse, your child, the beach-----whatever it is that motivates you. Are you able to walk, talk, eat and breathe? If you stop and look at all the suffering in our world you'll see how fortunate you really are......try having a child with numerous medical needs and you will quickly understand how many things we take for granted and how much of a blessing it is that every part of the human body is perfectly formed to do the things we need it to do in order to just open our eyes in the morning.

I wish I could say that I know, understand, and live the secret of life. I think I have SOME clue simply because I know that when my focus is truly on Him I am able to face the most unimaginable circumstances. Sadly, through everything I've learned I still fumble and try to rely on my own resources.

Where's our passion?

I want to be one of those people that people look at and say, "Wow, she really does have it figured out. She has peace, understanding, compassion, love..........."

Thing is, I think there is a fine line in wanting to be that person and then becoming prideful in being that person.....then you lose it all again.........

Not making much sense? or am I?

I want to figure out how to ignite passion in others. I want to figure out how to make everyone see their own potential. I want us all to "figure out life."

What I'm saying here is kind of like "once I was blind, but now I see." So many times, I've tried to rely on my own understanding. During those times, I am scared, nervous and insecure. When I give it to God, I only see my purpose. The purpose to love and serve and tell everyone else about the peace of understanding......about the confidence, capability and peace that comes with having pure faith.

I feel best when I can shed the mask of insecurity. I've learned over the past few years that I feel better after exposing my own vulnerabilities. I can tell you that it takes a heck of a lot of practice and sometimes a lot of self-persuasion, but in the end once I let go of the vulnerabilities and actually get my feelings out there I feel cleansed. There is something very liberating, while at the same time very frightening, about vulnerability.

Being vulnerable is letting the world see the purest form of our souls. When we put down the masks and put down our guards we let others peer through the windows of our souls. It is a scary feeling---------until that 'one' person relates. Until, you understand that there are so many people out there looking to feel validated......people looking for purpose and trying to find hope..... just like you....just like me..... When we tear down the walls we are open to so many opportunities. When we are vulnerable we find confidence in just BEING....we find confidence in what we were CREATED to do.

Is it an easy thing? By no means........

Is it worth it? All the time!

Do we always do it? No, I do believe it is one of the most difficult things to do........but oh how wonderful it would be if we could all always love and serve and share in truth. What if we all knew how to stir the passions that lie within us? What if we all understood and followed the secret to life?

1 comment:

  1. Very touching message. I've been wearing a mask for so long its hard to remove it. I've become someone else that I'm truly not happy with. Your right, we all have our situations and this world expects persons to live up to a certain standard; thus the mask.

    I do have moments when I remove the mask in a comfortable environment and I miss the moments of less anxiety, and depression. And yes it does take a toll on me physically.

    I find it hard to confide in other or even burden them with my issues. I know there is always someone who is faced with with a more extreme situation, and I feel guilty to even complain.

    What makes me most happy is to see others find happiness in life. All I know to do is pray and strive to make the best of each moment. God'plan for all of our lives were determined before we were ever concieved. Our understanding of this plan is unclear for the most part, because I believe he wants us to trust him. I do trust him; I also get anxious and depressed at times. I guess that's because I'm human.

    I've really enjoyed your blog, Angel. Through you, God has opened another door in my life! Hopefully the mask won't be as nessasary.

    We are all created for a reason; our mission is to serve God through our personal relationship with our savior Jesus Christ.

    God Bless!
    Shawn Gaskins

    ReplyDelete