Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Friday, July 15, 2011

Many Praises!

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40




This was Tuesday night.  The night before we made a 2,000 mile trip across the country. The night before we witnessed, first-hand, the outpouring of love of our friends and family. The night BEFORE the night our one-year old had brain surgery.  

TODAY is the day our daughter had BRAIN SURGERY.  I keep telling myself that.  It is pretty surreal.  Everything has been looking pretty good so far.  The surgery, itself, went very well.  Recovery, immediately post-op, has been pretty impressive.  We were told last night to expect that she would sleep for at least a couple of days.....maybe longer, but she has been awake and alert most of the afternoon.  She has had fever, but this is not uncommon in a big surgery.  Her incisions are remarkable.  They are very small.  To know that they went to the very center of her brain - a place that most surgeons are reluctant to go - to know this, and to see the tiny incisions, is really quite inexplicable.  You can just now see the bruises starting to form over and underneath her eyes, but she is still Zeta. She is playing and trying to pull out every line and iv.

TODAY is ONE of MANY days that I truly realize how very blessed we are.  TODAY is one of many days I cannot even begin to understand the outpouring of love and support from all the people we know (and many that we don't know).  It is a very crushing feeling.  I don't know mean that in a bad way, I just can't think of another word for it.....humbling perhaps?  but it is so much more than that.  It is stepping back and realizing just how much has gone into making this day happen, and every single person that has played a part in the success of today....and not only today, but every day up until this moment.  It is realizing that there is something - or rather SOMEONE- so much bigger than us working through friends, family, medical staff, flight staff, insurance people, complete strangers, and who knows else.....It is realizing that although we are only human, there is a Force that is stronger than anything we can imagine, and that so many people are busy doing His work.  It is knowing that God has been with us all along and that FAITH is what has brought us to this point.  Sometimes FAITH has been the ONLY thing to get us this far.  It is knowing that no matter how insignificant we may feel, that God has very significant plans for us.  The only thing we have to do is receive His invitation.

"Where there is great love, there are always great miracles!"

7 comments:

  1. Glad to know everything went well! I posted about this on my blog so more prayers would be going up :) We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartfelt prayers onward. May you continue to feel God's arms wrapped around you and yours.



    http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/default.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I remember both of you when you were younger. What faith both of you have grown have! Keep the faith and hug & kiss that precious baby every time you see her. By the way, I'm Malinda Breland Brown from Ehrhardt now Hampton.

    God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update praying for all of you guys all our love and prayers from the whole staff at the ACE Gainesville Retail Support center.
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers are with Zeta and your entire family. You have an amazing little girl with some awesome big brothers! Your strength is truly inspiring. Everyone in Sycamore is lifting you up in our prayers! Julie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angel,
    In every circumstance you have encountered, I can see God's hand. In every posting, I feel His Spirit in you and working through you. Keep the faith! We are praying for you all!
    Caroline Moore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am Hannah, and I live in Kentucky. My cousin posted the link to your blog on Facebook and I read every post. I pray for you all everyday and light a candle for Zeta at church. You and your family are remarkable people and I am so amazed by the amount of faith you all have. Sending up prayers for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete