Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Note to self....

Note to self.....QUIT TRYING TO EXPLAIN THINGS AWAY....

I know, as parents, we all get caught up in this trap.  I should have learned last week.  I tried to keep Zeta home, with fever (because her last couple of fevers only lasted a little while), but shortly after we got to the hospital the fever was out of control. So, Tuesday we were released from the hospital...yeah, released...some of you probably didn't even know that.  Anyway, we got home around 4 on Tuesday.  Let me tell you what happened before then....

After Zeta's morning feeding on Tuesday, she vomited (FROM HER MOUTH) she has not done this since having the fundoplication and g-tube to prevent GI reflux. Other than that she seemed ok, and I was ready to get home so I convinced myself (and the doctors) that she had to of become sick because she was ,inadvertently, left lying flat on her back during the feeding.  So, after a while we were released.  Once we made it off the elevator she got sick again...I convinced myself it was just stress so I gave her some medicine and we came home. After we came home....you guessed it....sick, AGAIN.  By this point, I was knew something else was going on, but still did not want to stress her out more with a ride back to Charleston so I chose to stay home...well, of course nothing worked.  She just seemed to be getting sicker and sicker....However, she did well through the night, but yesterday morning she was getting sick again so I decided to go ahead and bring her back.  I called the hospital and they decided to directly admit her so we would not have to go through the ER. 

Fortunately, all of her labs have come back negative for infection.  Some trend in her labs leads them to believe it is some type of viral process. So here we are, AGAIN.  It took two and a half hours to get an iv this time.  They finally had to call the dr and a sedation nurse to get it in.  I think we are leaning heavily toward a broviac or some other type of permanent access.  It's heartbreaking seeing her stuck all the time, but the question is...does the risk outweigh the benefits? She has been on a slow drip of pedialyte (along with fluids).  We've had to stop the pedialyte a few times due to her getting sick, but I think she is doing a lot better.  She is getting Zofran to help alleviate the gagging and wretching. Hopefully, she will be over it soon.

I've been in contact with Phoenix daily.  Her surgery is still scheduled for next week, as long as there is no sign of active infection.  They are keeping a pretty close eye on her.

So, we're here, but she is stable and doing much better.  This virus just seems to be lingering a bit, and with all of her health issues any sickness can cause her to become very ill, very quickly.  Thank you for continued prayers!


This was right after her g-tube surgery last June.  I was so excited that she didn't have that nasty NG tube on her face anymore!  Her hair sure is longer now:)
 For my Barnwell friends....GO ERIC!!!!!!


(1)Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (2)through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. (3)Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; (4)perseverance, character; and character, hope. (5)And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.” – Romans 5:1-5

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog Angel...your encouragement and love just overflow. Zeta is so precious, love to hear about her the good and bad....continued prayers for your family and your amazing little girl.

    Tara Coxie (Sissy's daughter)

    ReplyDelete