Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Homesick

I miss the grass.  I miss the trees.  I miss the water.  I MISS HOME!



I'm so very thankful that my family is able to be here with me, but I really do miss home.  I've only spent 3 nights there this month. 

I shouldn't be complaining because there have been times that we've spent much longer away, but I think being so FAR away is making it a little worse.

I'm pretty sure  if everyone has to leave before Zeta and I get to, that I might really have a real 'spinning head' nervous breakdown.  Hopefully, that won't happen though....I have a feeling we may be able to leave sooner than expected!

We have been so very  blessed by the people here at Phoenix Children's (I believe they have gone above and beyond for us), and we are completely amazed at how well everything has gone, though I do miss the familiar faces at MUSC!

Zeta continues to do well.  We were moved to the regular floor this afternoon...which is a closer step towards home.  Maybe that's why I am getting so antsy.  They are continuing to monitor the diabetes insipidus.  Everything seemed to have leveled off and her sodium and specific gravity levels (just labs they're watching relating to the diabetes insipidus)  had been pretty stable for over 24 hours until the last set of labs this afternoon.  There was a little change (which was not completely unexpected) so they are still monitoring that. 

Other than that, it is all just a bunch of waiting and watching... and more waiting.  Neurologically, she is doing very well.  The neurology team is very pleased.  It's all just waiting to see how her body continues to adjust.

Daddy stayed with Zeta at the hospital today and Stevie and I took the boys out for a few hours. 

We finally found some green and some water!


This place is called 'Hole in the Rock'.  The picture at the top of this entry is the view from one side, and this is the picture from the other. It was really quite beautiful, but also VERY HOT!! Once we got to the top is was pretty BREEZY....but it's still not home!!!!

Stevie and I continue to be amazed by the outpouring of love from all of you!!  We have surely felt and appreciated the many prayers and acts of kindness throughout Zeta's life, but I will tell you that during this, our latest battle in Zeta's fight, there has been such a cascading effect.  We could spend the rest of our lives trying to thank every single person involved in the complete showing of compassion ....and love and prayers..... and it would still never be enough....NEVER!  I cannot possibly explain to you how it feels to be on the receiving end of all the support we have been given.  It has truly taught me a whole lot more about compassion and giving.


When looking at this picture, taken  today, I find it kind of ironic....see how tiny our boys look..."like ants," Steven said.  A lot of times that is how I feel.  Like this lost  soul living this great big life.  Sometimes I am crushed by the seeming absurdity of it all....other times my breath is taken away by how much people care.  Either way, I get this sense of not being able to breathe.  On the one hand I feel as though our family could not possibly endure any more heartache...and on the other.....well, on the other.....I still cannot comprehend how our family is deemed worthy of so much from others when we have done nothing to deserve all that we have been given.  That is where I know God is at work....we are promised great blessings....if ..... IF...we are willing to receive them.  We have done NOTHING to DESERVE what the LORD continually blesses EACH of us with.  I should need no greater reminder of that than every morning that I awake and am able to kiss my 3 beautiful children!
<><> <><> <><>


Monica Baldwin


5 comments:

  1. Angel we dont really know each other, my wife June works with Steve at Sanders. I have cried and prayed for Zeta ever sense she was born. I am not God of course but I do talk to the man all the time, and I am believeing that your little girl will be just fine, this is my prayer for her at least, I know it is all in Gods hands and no matter what, their is not a better place to have her than in his ever loving arms. I pray that Jesus will apply the Healing blood to little Zeta and I truely believe that she will be running in no time and I will not stop stop praying until all is well. God bless all of you and hope you get home very soon. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine M. ElkinsJuly 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM

    Glad to hear that Zeta continues to improve and is in a regular room. I know that it has to be great to have the boys with you. Praying for Zeta and all of you to come home at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, thank you so much for taking the time to write updates for us. I know you have other pressing matters ( and that's an understatement). We would all pray even if you never wrote a word, but it is so wonderful to get your news. It's true, there's no place like home....but remember, it'll be waiting there for you anytime you can get there. Praying for Zeta's continuing good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When your uncle told me that someone donated his jet to come to Barnwell and fly Zeta to Arrizona,I could not help but cry bringing tears to his eyes also. We were on "vacation" and out on the deck at the dock,When 12:20 came around we held hands and prayed together for the doctors to be blessed with steady hands and for Jesus to hold that baby in his arms reminding God of his words, Many words. At 4pm I begged him to call and see what was happening with Zeta. He said he would call at 5pm instead...I pouted..I had to know NOW! I am sometimes an impatient person but he held out as usual. As 5:05 came around he knew I was getting really ticked off with him..but then he made the call and we got the news that you had just texted your dad in the waiting room and Zeta was fine and surgery went well. Sometimes when we think there is nothing we can do to help we can't help but to feel completely useless and we pull on God's "coat tails" as a small child might do with their father. One day Zeta will be a grown woman with a complete life of her own and we will remember when.....love to you and Stevie and the boys,your mom and dad and to those who came out to support you and show their love. May God bless you and keep you maketh his face to shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Angel,
    We are so happy that Zeta is doing well after this surgery. You all are in our prayers and we hope that you get to come home soon.
    Aunt Harriet

    ReplyDelete