Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Monday, August 8, 2011

I have a thing.....



Actually I have quite a few things...

Let's call this Listen to Angel Complain Day

Have you ever had an trouble scheduling something with a doctor? I have a thing with schedulers.....granted it's not their fault, but boy could I really take out some aggression in this area sometimes. Ever had a doctor tell you, "Call the office anytime...really, if there is anything we can do"....or....."just call next week and we'll set up an appointment to get this done".....or the all famous......."call me if this happens again and we'll get you RIGHT in." The worst is when you're discharged from the hospital with instructions on calling and making an appointment within a certain time-frame, but someone neglects to tell the gatekeeper (AKA the appointment scheduler). The problem with all of this is that most doctors don't know their own schedules and they don't know that you have to FIGHT the lady holding the lock to the appointment schedule for you to get in!! ARGGHHH>>>>>



I called today to try to schedule a repeat MRI (to check the brain lesion)....the confusion came in because I wanted to schedule the MRI along with an upcoming surgery....you would have thought that I had asked to speak with the President of the United States. I was initially basically told that it would be impossible. After I explained (200 more times) that Zeta is put to sleep a lot and we try to do as many things as possible under one anesthesia setting (and explained that yes, she has had an MRI and/or CT in conjunction with other procedures before) the 'gatekeeper' finally saw the light and agreed to 'see what she could do'. A couple of hours later she called me back with good news (and the whole story about how difficult it was to get everything scheduled). Now, I do see some humor in this. I see the point when they want you to make separate appointments to do different things and to them (not knowing the whole story) it isn't a big deal. But, to me - the crazed parent - it is a HUGE deal....I mean sitting here thinking about it- it is very possible that Zeta could have potentially been put to sleep close to nearly 30 times or more for various tests, procedures, surgeries, etc. but since we always try to bundle everything together we have only had to put her to sleep maybe a dozen times. That is a HUGE deal! I also understand that it does take a LOT of work to coordinate such things, but that offers little comfort to me when I weigh the leg-work versus the potential complications each time I have to put my baby to sleep. So that's my soap-box with the schedulers today. My apologies if you are in that line of work - like I said, I know it's not the schedulers fault....nobody's "fault" really...just not something that's not usually done I guess....it still irritates me though!

Now, I have another thing....... with TECHNOLOGY....

Sometimes, it really gets on my nerves....

I mean really...do I have to be available via land-line...mobile phone....and email all at the same time? Really, I was trying to do it all at the same time today- scheduling and rescheduling appointments, trying to answer some important emails regarding appointments and supplies, and trying to have a text conversation with a friend (that I wanted to talk to) - all at the same time - and all the while my grandmother was visiting too....I thought, 'this is CRAZY!" REALLY, do YOU ever feel overwhelmed about all the connectivity that you have?



Then on the other hand....

My lap-top died recently.......I thought I would really go into mourning.......

Then I got it fixed and my alltel card was mutilated.......I thought I was going to have DTs (or whatever it's called when you are in really bad withdrawls).....So, technology gets on my nerves when it's constantly beeping, ringing, or vibrating....but it might be even worse when the silence reigns.....ughh......



I have a thing.....about our post office closing in November.....the mailman stopped by with some packages today - he's such a nice guy. When the post office here closes will I have to go get my mail from some other place? I understand the whole thing about mail being outdated because of the TECHNOLOGY and all that stuff, but really? I mean, I'm sure the UPS man and Fed-ex are already suspicious that I'm running some sort of illegal activity out here - what, with all the medical supplies and groceries (ie bleach, trash bags, and laundry detergent) that I have delivered because I don't get out to the store on a regular basis. If I have to drive to get my mail from a 'bigger' post office they probably won't have a box big enough to keep it all in until I get a chance to go pick it up!



I have a thing......A thing that is so good and so wonderful....and yet confusing at the same time......I wonder why people are so good to my family and me. Today, the "Avon Lady" visited with proceeds from a fundraiser and a goody bag for Zeta (and one for me too)! A friend brought me something from town just so I wouldn't have to put on make-up and risk being seen in public. I have so much to be thankful for - yet I still don't understand it all.




Why is it that our family is so blessed while others are suffering?

Why can't we all be 'shiny, happy, people?'

Why is that while everything is ok

WHY?

I don't know why ......I do know that death and suffering are a part of life and while it is difficult for the living -it is the ultimate reward for the saved ones to meet their Maker. I know there is a plan. I know that difficult situations shape us, push us to our limits, and often break us.....BUT difficult situations also give us the OPPORTUNITY to build stronger relationships and make choices that bring us closer to GOD.

"Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. " -C.S. Lewis

Matthew 5:4 "God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted."


Zeta continues to do well....lots of appointments this week! Thank you for your continued prayers as we work toward helping her grow stronger every day!



"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:

  1. God bless you and continue to be the strong woman and mother that You are.

    ReplyDelete