Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Saturday, May 11, 2013

butterflies

Last night was tough, I won't lie. I got maybe a couple of hours of sleep.....but Zeta came to visit this morning. Wait, don't think that I've lost my mind - let me explain. A couple of weeks ago we had a meeting with Zeta's medical team. We knew the end was getting closer. I have to tell you it was a super hard meeting and was very heavy on my heart. After the meeting I went outside and 2 of the most huge, most beautiful butterflies circled 'round and 'round each other- literally like they dropped out of the sky in front of my face. I ran inside to get Stevie to show him and they were still there. Butterflies symbolize the journey of life to death and resurrection, HOPE. This was my sign from God that everything was going to be ok. A few days later, we had another medical team meeting. As I began to share my butterfly story, I looked across the table at Odessa (one of our dear, sweet Hospice nurses) and she was wearing scrubs COVERED in BUTTERFLIES!! After that, butterflies seemed to appear everywhere - outside, on books, on the internet. I knew that God was telling me everything was going to be fine. Yesterday, I noticed that there were decorative butterflies on Zeta's casket spray and some of the other flowers- we didn't request this, and it is very possible someone close to us clued the florist in on our butterfly story - but still it was a reassuring reminder to me when I walked that long aisle down to the casket. Now, more to the point....obviously butterflies are a very strong symbolic sign to us of Zeta and her life and death and her healing in heaven. This morning my daddy burst into my room with his laptop in hand. The screensaver on his computer randomly changes at times. Guess what was on it this morning? You got it! Many, many butterflies. Zeta came to tell him Good Morning and he brought her to see me! Oh, the excitement on my daddy's face and the joy it ALL brought to my heart. Keep praying, keep believing, keep looking. You'll find the answers you're looking for!
(Think I'm going to move this post to my blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you. This happened to me in a way to. I had a dream about Donnys grandfather. I never met him. He was holding Bailey. He was rocking her. He said "we can both breathe fine now" He died from a lung disease and she was on a vent when she passed. I have been at total peace every since. The power of God to heal us and put us at peace surpasses all understanding. Love to you and your family.
    Christy Sanders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel, I am Mark the floral designer at Floral Mark-it who prepared Zeta's casket spray. Just to verify everything you have said, no one clued me at all about the butterfly story. As a matter of fact Today, Sunday May 12, was the first time I knew about the butterfly story. It was just really heavy on my heart to use those in the arrangements. You can be assured that there was a message in this for You, Steve, and the entire family and I think that message is just exactly what you have already stated. May God give you extra added comfort and peace.
    Mark Creech

    ReplyDelete