Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Friday, May 31, 2013

Here we go!!!


Although I haven’t quite figured out what I want to be when I grow up (LOL) I do know that I want to spend time paying it forward and trying to give back all that has been given to our family. So, while I’m trying to determine what my paying job should be (I’m an early childhood educator and school counselor by trade although my mind babbles into medicine and legislative lobbying) –I’m also thinking about how to save the world (or at least make it a little better for someone!)

Because of the timing of Zeta’s death, a question that immediately came up was whether or not we would continue with the golf tournament in upcoming years. Without thinking, I spoke on behalf of Matthew, Heather, Jennifer and Travis (and the countless volunteers). I answered with a resounding “YES!” ……..we have a lot to pay forward and they all worked so hard to make it such a great event I saw no reason not to continue! Thing is, once I started thinking about it, I realized that they might not want to continue (I mean it has truly been a lot of work for them, I know – but they call it a labor of love!) Anyway, just because of the timing of everything it seemed to be a kind of delicate matter to approach, but when I finally had the nerve to speak to them about it (the day before the tournament and 5k) they both seemed as excited as we are and had actually been trying to find the right time to ask us the same question!

So, our mission for now is to turn Team Zeta non-profit and get that whole process going. Stevie and I can’t wait to join the efforts of the annual golf and 5k events. I also have so many ideas going in my head right now that I can’t keep up with them. I want to keep Zeta’s memory alive. I want to keep the legacy of our community and the love of God’s people running!

There are many, many things that have yet to be worked out and determined as this is all just a big ‘idea’ for the moment – but it is an idea that we plan to put into motion and expand on…….

I had a great lunch meeting with an awesome lady today and so many more ideas were generated. I really look forward to where this will lead Team Zeta (and our family)!

Please be in prayer for our new endeavor. Pray that we seek with open hearts and don’t lose sight of what is really important. Pray that we truly keep the legacy of Zeta and the love of our small town and surrounding communities first and foremost, second only to Him!

PS By all means feel free to inbox any of your ideas or suggestions! This is a whole new world for us<3

No comments:

Post a Comment