Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ready for another butterfly story??

Last weekend when we were at the beach I decided I wanted a butterfly bracelet. Simple right? I mean, it's spring/summer - butterflies are everywhere- you're at the beach with trinky bracelets galore in the gift shops. There was no butterfly bracelet to be found.

We left and I didn't think much more about it.

When we took Chancelor's friend home his mom came to me with a gleam in her eye and told me that she needed to give me something....I could tell she was excited and nervous. She explained that as she was getting ready for work Friday morning she decided to put on some earrings. She also explained that she doesn't wear a lot of jewelry. As she was getting ready she started thinking about her son and said a little prayer for our safety at the beach. Then she started thinking about us. When she opened her jewelry box she found this pretty bracelet on top. She's had it for a long time and thinks that maybe her mom or grandmother gave it to her, but she has never worn it - she's not a 'jewelry person', remember? The bracelet immediately made her think of her mom (who recently died) and Zeta. She said she knew that it had to be all of them telling us that everything was ok and they were ok!



When I got home I stopped by my mom's house and was telling her the butterfly bracelet story - about how I wanted a bracelet but couldn't find one and how my friend had this moment in finding the bracelet. After I finished telling her my mom simply said, "Open that magazine" (one sitting right on the counter) On the left hand page there were lots of huge butterflies. I said something like "Awe" or something like that. Moma responded, "Now look at the other page" - It was a letter from the editor, but in the side margin was Jeremiah 29:11 ("Zeta's" verse). I don't have to explain what that means! More chills went up my spine!

Two huge surprises in one day!

How's that for coincidence?

By the way, I also just noticed when I took the picture that there are pink and green butterflies right next to each other in the pattern on the bracelet ('Zeta's colors').

Going to be a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment