Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Zeta's crown!



So, I've been looking at this painting by Anne Marie Hebbard for about a week now. When she sent me the picture I was in complete awe. Besides the fact that the painting is beautiful, I automatically began to look for the symbolism and the parallels it brought to mind. The first thing I immediately noticed was the cross - and of course it made me think of our Savior that died for our sins so that we may have eternal life. Zeta has eternal life now. The second thing that I paid attention to was the crown. Jesus wore a crown of thorns. A mockery of his title of king, the symbolism of sin and suffering. The Z on the Team Zeta logo has always had a crown. Zeta wore a crown too- on earth her 'crown' alluded to her rite as 'our princess'. In some of her last pictures(just days before she would wear her true eternal crown) she wore an actual little crown - nothing planned, just something that was cute to put on her that day and Fran caught on camera.....the symbolism (and irony) to me is that Zeta's crown in this picture and painting also represents her past suffering and her resurrection with Jesus. Zeta's suffering was the failure of her body. The pokes, prods, and procedures. All she endured to be a part of our lives....the crown in the painting and the crown she wears now, as she laughs and bounds through heaven, represents her freedom from suffering. I learned a lot through this little baby - my baby, Zeta. All of my life I've been exposed to the Word of our Lord and I've heard the Redemption story over and over, but never has it felt more poignant and relevant than now.....Notice the vine? The symbolism of growth and life - I've sure had a lot of spiritual growth in the last 3 years! .....and the butterfly in the bottom right corner? Well, that's a whole story unto itself! Wow, what a life my baby girl lived, what a legacy for me to remember, what a blessing and what a concrete reminder Anne Marie has given us.....and ALL was made possible by Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment