Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future."

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Signs, signs, everywhwere are signs....

On the day Zeta went to be with Jesus, as I held her and we waited for John Mole (the funeral home director) to arrive, Steven brought in this card that had just arrived in the mail.



The front of the card simply said, "Thinking of you."........but the significance of what the inside of the card stated had a huge impact on me (even in the tremendous moment of grief we were experiencing.)

It told me - regardless of what was happening there were many people still praying on our behalf......that there were probably even some praying at that very moment who had no idea what was happening at our home during that time....it reminded me that God's timing is impeccable and that there is a purpose even in the slightest things.....

Why would anyone think to go get the mail during a time as such as we were experiencing? Why would Steven insist upon giving it to me at that moment? Did I open it or did he already open it? I just remember him handing it to me and saying, "Here Moma, you have a card. Read it!" The significance of our little family, surrounded by our parents and my grandmoma........the prayers I know we were all whispering in our hearts, but here - this external and tangible reminder that God does amazing things.......well, it's just another one of those things that I'm coming to accept as ordinary and miraculous all in the same moment!

But it doesn't stop there........

Mr. Dean and Mrs. JoAnne (the senders of the card) and their daughter Casey came to visit us this weekend.....and brought a beautiful butterfly.......

but that's not all.......

I've made it a subconscious habit to try to stay out of the house - even if that means cleaning out our HOT, OVER-PACKED, UNDER-ORGANIZED shed. That was my mission yesterday morning! I never made a habit out of keeping cards (well, at least not in a manner that would serve any purpose) before Zeta. Most times I couldn't bring myself to throw away cards, but I also had no clear method of storing them either. So, I would just stuff them in a drawer here or there (clearly, you have the picture that I am not an organizational freak by now!) On to the point..... I was wading through mounds of boxes, medical supplies, and toys and at the bottom of a pile I had finally made it through was this card:



Now, I normally don't make it a habit to read the back of cards, but I HAVE tried to make it a habit to pay attention to what's going on around me and listen! Do you see what the card says? MAY THE LORD USE THIS CARD TO LIFT YOUR SPIRIT, ENCOURAGE YOUR HEART, BUILD YOUR FAITH, AND BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY. Here I was - there the card was- and I'm sure the card was there JUST FOR ME and just like that to brighten my day and build my faith- just like it said. Now look at the front of the card:



YEP, those are BUTTERFLIES (a huge symbolic reminder of my baby girl's life), and they are JUST FOR ME!

By the way, that card was sent in 2009 as a "we're proud of you" card. What are the chances of it showing up now- nearly 4 years later...on a day when I was paying attention....when I was by myself....when I needed a bright point in my day? I tell you what, it wasn't chance at all! It was all perfectly planned that way:)

The part I'm having some trouble figuring out is how/why the significance of Mrs. JoAnne and Mr. Dean's specific part in all of this - how messages from them have shown up at the right time and in the right place........maybe because he is a preacher and they are just the sweetest family and I should point that out??

1 comment:

  1. God gives us strength in many forms just when we need it. He uses people we don't always think he will use to lift us up. You don't know me but I keep up with your blogs. I started reading because Odessa was raised in my church and she worked at the nursing home that I was the administrator of for a long time. She is such a wonderful person and I know she has been a blessing to you. I'll keep praying for you and you keep looking for those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete